Mixing epoxy resin for the first time can be intimidating. Questions and doubts can often plague ones mind. What if it doesn’t work? What if I mix it wrong? That’s where the US Support Team comes in! We’re always here to help you get through these questions and guide you on your resin journey!
PUDUO RESIN is one of the most popular brands of epoxy resin on the market. This is due to how easy it is to use. As a beginner, I had issues with some of the other brands I had tried. I had issues with bubbles, and some did not cure. PUDUO RESIN hooked me the first time I used it. It worked right the first time. That meant the world to me. I have been using this product for the past 3 years. I will now share my pro tips for getting perfect results!
PUDUO RESIN can be purchased from the manufacturer on Amazon, or from the US team on this website. You will find links to both below.
PuDuo Resin and Products From the US Team
PuDuo Resin on Amazon
I recommend certain tools which I have found to be helpful in using PUDUO Resin. I will list them in this article. These are not required. They are just recommendations.
- Gloves – Gloves are recommended for all resin work. Nitrile gloves work great and won’t affect people with latex allergies.
- Graduated cups – We use 8 Oz cups so that we have the freedom to mix larger batches. Whatever cup you use, we recommend it have a flat bottom with no lips to ensure thorough mixing.
- Silicone or plastic stir sticks – We do not recommend wooden sticks because wood is porous and can easily introduce bubbles into the product.
- Heat gun/torch – Do not use a flame unless you are really familiar with the technique as you can burn your product or fuse it to the mold. Instead, use a spray bottle with rubbing alcohol.
- Adenna Night Angel 4 mil Nitrile Powder Free Exam Gloves (Black, X-Small) Box of 100
- 80pcs 8oz Disposable Measuring Cups for Epoxy Resin, Clear Plastic Measuring Cup with 80 Wooden Stirring Sticks for Resin, Stain, Paint Mixing
- 10 Pieces Silicone Stir Sticks Facial Makeup Stirring Rods for Mixing Resin, Epoxy, Liquid, Paint, Reusable Resin Tools, Making DIY Crafts, Facial Makeup Mixing and Application (Blue, Pink)
- SEEKONE Heat Gun 1800W Heavy Duty Hot Air Gun Kit Variable Temperature Control with 2-Temp Settings 4 Nozzles 122℉~1202℉（50℃- 650℃）with Overload Protection for Crafts, Shrinking PVC, Stripping Paint
Once you have your tools, you will need to select your silicone mold. Amazon has many to choose from. You can find some search results here.
How to use PUDUO RESIN:
1. Protect your work surface. You can do this with plastic, silicone sheets, parchment, or anything else that will prevent your work surface from getting damaged. Ensure it is level.
2. Wear gloves. Gloves protect your hands from contact. Change gloves whenever they get dirty.
3. Pour equal parts of part A and part B into the cup. Stir carefully and slowly for approximately 3 minutes. You will see the two parts mixing as you stir. Your final product should be clear without any “strings” of unmixed product. Once mixed, pour into another cup and mix again for about 30 seconds. This will ensure a proper mix. If you are adding pigments, powders, pastes or anything else to your mix, do it now.
4. Let sit for about 10 minutes. This will allow the product to activate and release any bubbles you may have introduced into the mixture.
5. Place your mold on your protected, level surface. Slowly pour your mixed resin into the mold. Fill close to the top without overfilling.
6. Cover your project. You can use a plastic container, box, or anything else that will prevent your project from getting dust, animal hair, or any other debris.
7. Wait at least 10 hours. After this time, you can carefully remove your project from the mold. It may still be flexible. That’s normal. Set it on a level surface to continue curing. You can expect full cure in about 24 hours.
We have some Facebook Live videos that can give you so visual support of the steps required to mix like a pro. They can be found at https://www.facebook.com/puduoresin/live_videos
If you have any questions or need any help, please reach out to our support team.