All in one Beginners Kit
Have you been wanting to try using Epoxy Resin, but didn’t know where to begin? Puduo Resin has just the kit for you!
This kit comes with everything you need to create your first piece of resin art! In this article I will take you step by step though your first journey into using Puduo Epoxy Resin!
PUDUO Resin Beginners Kit
As a crafting enthusiast, I understand the hesitation about jumping into a new media. Do you have a good product. Will it be as easy as you see on social media? Do you have the proper tools? Do you have everything you need? Don’t worry! The PUDUO Resin Kit Beginner contains everything you need, and in this article I will guide you through the whole process.
PUDUO RESIN is one of the most popular brands of epoxy resin on the market. Its ease of use has propelled it to the top of the list on Amazon. It has a very low odor, virtually no bubbles, no VOC’s, and cures quickly so you get to see your creations soon after you pour. You can typically demold your custom work within 10 hours!
PUDUO Resin Beginners Kit can be purchased on Amazon. You will find links to the kit and some other helpful tools below.
- PUDUO Resin beginners kit – 10% off coupon code: PUDUOALLIN
- Silicone mat, plastic mat, foam board, or anything that will protect your work surface.
- Gloves – Always use gloves when working with resin! Comes in small, medium, and large.
- Rubbing alcohol – Use rubbing alcohol for easy clean-up of your surface and tools.
- Graduated cups – Extra cups are really handy to have when working with resin.
- Paper towels – Use paper towels with alcohol on them to clean up spills and tools.
Directions for use
- Put on a pair of gloves.
- Protect your work surface with your choice of products listed above.
- Place your mold on your protected work surface.
- Open part A and part B bottles of PUDUO resin. Each bottle has a seal on the top. You can use a stir stick, or your finger to break the seal.
- Pour equal amounts of part A and part B into a graduated cup. Example: If you use 30 ml of part A, use 30 ml of part B.
- Mix thoroughly ensuring that you get the sides and bottom of the cup. The mixing process typically takes approximately 3 minutes. You will know it is mixed when it turns perfectly clear.
- Once your product is mixed, pour it into a separate cup. Get as much of the product out as you can, scraping the sides and bottom.
- Mix again for approximately 30 seconds. This step will make sure your product is fully mixed.
- Separate the mixture into cups for pigments. If you are using 3 different colors, use 3 separate cups.
- Add pigment to your cups. Use pigments sparingly as too much pigment can cause flexible or bendy resin pieces. A good rule of thumb is no more than 6% pigment. Start with a teaspoon, then mix. If you need some more, add accordingly to get your desired result.
- Mix pigments into your resin product. Stir until all is incorporated into your resin.
- For best results, let the product sit for about 10 minutes to allow the reaction to begin. This will cause the product to heat up and will release any bubbles that were introduced during the mixing process.
- Slowly fill your mold to the top. Try not to overfill. If you do overfill, you can use a plastic pipette to remove some of the product.
- Cover with a cardboard box or anything that will protect your item while it cures from dust or anything else in the air.
- Wait approximately 10 hours before demolding your item.
- Once cured, remove your creation from the mold.
- Use the included drill, a Dremel, or electric drill to drill small holes for the eye screws. Be sure to use a size just a little smaller than the eye screw.
- Screw in your eye screws, attach a jump ring, and your choice of keyring, earring, or necklace chain to complete the project!